Spring is in the air and florals and colors are everywhere! Here are some tips keep colors bright during this season.
- First, sort your clothes with like colors. Do not mix bright reds and oranges with denim or with any darker shades. Try and keep brights together and if there are enough of one color, wash them separated as such.
- Turn your clothes inside out to help prevent further fading.
- Use a color safe detergent but the trick is not to overdo it and use too much. Use a bit less detergent than required because too much detergent can fade color.
- Use cold water for your brights to avoid fading, and it is energy efficient.
- Wash clothes on the short wash cycle. For one, it saves time and you can get more loads done. Two, the less time in the water, the less your colors will fade.
- If you're feeling fancy and think about it, add vinegar to the rinse cycle. Again, not too much, less than a cup will do the trick.
- Lastly, "line dry" or hang dry your clothes. Putting your brights in the dryer can make them fade so either place them on hangers to hang on the shower rod or place them on a pop up drying rack. I bought pop up racks for everyone in my house so we can "line dry" or dry flat when needed.
I hope these tips help you keep your closet full of color this spring and keep your colors happy!